Tuesday, October 18, 2005

God I am listening

I am still not sure, after all this time, how to tell when God is speaking to me. I had this discussion with Hubby a few weeks ago and to be quite honest, I am still very confused.
God speaks differently to everyone. Some have a stirring in their hearts, others actually hear his voice, some can feel Him, etc. With the Hubby God seems to speak very directly with him. Or maybe he is just listening more than I?
I cant seem to tell if its just in my head or if it really is God. Sometimes I think I am going crazy trying to tell the difference. I think I have a very hard time with the listening part too. I seem to always want to hear Him but very rarely take the time to sit and listen. And I wonder why God isn't speaking to me? I can just hear Him saying, "Well Alena its because you aren't paying full attention to Me." In the midst of all my worry and self pity because I don't think that God speaks to me, I realize its not Him its me. Wow, what a concept. I think I will go and listen now.

5 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

hmm, sounds like He got through...

9:28 PM  
Blogger SinnerSaint said...

I'm sure He's got a ton of things to say to you beautiful. You heard Father Rich, you are already in ministry!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Father Rich said...

You've given up what most people would call a normal life to follow an insane husband who hears God's voice. You pray daily to be the person that God wants you to be. You make yourself available to pretty much anybody who needs you for any reason. You've given your only son to the care of a God you cannot see. Hmmmm and yet you don't think you hear from God very well. Who told you to do these things? Maybe you did sit down one morning and make a list, "marry a guy with MS, follow him into the priesthood, give up 95% of my free time to dedicate everything to God and His church, look like a crazed lunatic to all my former friends and family." Yah, I'm sure you spent a lot of time on that list. You are listening to God.

11:15 PM  
Blogger glorygrl said...

IMHO God speaks to men and women differently. And he seems to vary his style based on how we listen best or learn fastest.

He has a kinda running joke with me: He plays songs over the radio that either have significance to me or a message. I'll be standing there silently asking for "help" or a sign and this song will come out of nowhere. And then I remember He is getting his message across, always faithful and always there.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Snuffy said...

"I cant seem to tell if its just in my head or if it really is God. Sometimes I think I am going crazy trying to tell the difference."

The only way to really know for sure is just to do, and find out if you're crazy. God'll keep readjusting your direction as long as you stay crazy enough to do it.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home