Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sleep. Oh wonderful sleep!

The other night my Hubby and I were talking about how tired we were. Him from his MS and me from the endless nights of no sleep do to a crying, screaming, hungry baby. (Hubby does help but there is only so much a man can do if you breastfeed!) Anyway, I sat thinking to myself, "Wow, we look and feel so old." Its amazing what sleep deprivation will do to you.
In talking with him I asked, "Well besides no sleep how are you feeling?" The response was "Like a whole bunch of really big people sat on me."
Luckily, for me our baby is now on a new schedule and is finally sleeping almost thru the night! YEAH!!!! Unfortunately for Hubby he is still up to 3 or 4 am and when he does sleep its nightmare city. (He quit smoking and is wearing the patch.)
But the point is, I never knew just how much I love to sleep until I had Noah. Oh how I miss the days where I could sleep until noon!

4 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

I remember, once a week when we were newlyweds, I would go to sleep at 7pm and not wake up until the next morning. I told Rich I needed my "12 hour sleep" once a week. Well, I have not had that for a while! Perhaps when you are in the hospital birthing the next baby you can sleep to your heart's content :-)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

Sleep is overrated. Showers. Now that's really important commodity. Better to be tired than smelly.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kestryl said...

I don't mind the lack of sleep most days.... but can someone please explain to my children the idea of 'weekends'.... ;-)

10:38 PM  
Blogger JessnBekahsmom said...

You will look back on this time in your life with fondness. This loving little being who needs his mommy for everything, so attached and so loved. He looks to you for love, for food, for comfort. Enjoy it. There will come a day when you will miss not being able to cradle him in your arms and just look at his beloved little face, either looking up at you or sleeping peacefully. And yeah, showers are much more important than sleep. When Scott tore apart our only shower at the other house, I was without a shower in the house for like, four months! Try driving half an hour to take a shower every time you need one!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home