Friday, July 21, 2006

Hand-Foot-Mouth

Noah has delevoped a rash on his hands and feet and around his mouth. This morning I noticed he had sores in his mouth and on his tongue. The Dr this morning diagnosed it as Hand-Foot-Mouth virus. Being the crazy science nerd I am I looked it all up on the web to see if I could get some good close ups pics of the mouth ulcers. WOW did I get some good ones. When the virus goes into the mouth it causes these tiny red spots to appear on the tongue and mouth area. The tiny red spots become ulcers and can be very painful. Even though my poor son is not feeling well I am being entertained by the gruesome pictures of others. He should be better with in 7-10 days. No medication just time. The funny thing is his day care isn't very happy with me...you see he did not have the rash yesterday morning and so I brought him to day care. Later when I came to pick him up she noticed the rash. Needless to say she called me today to see if I had heard anything from the Dr because one of the little girls was running a high fever. She was not pleased when I told her of situation. Oh well...welcome to the life of Day Care! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger JessnBekahsmom said...

Hope the boy is getting better. We missed his cute little face in church! Yours, too. Hope to see your smiling faces on Sunday! :-)

4:36 AM  
Blogger JessnBekahsmom said...

So, do we get an update on the health of the boy? Hope he and the rest of you are doing well...

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home