Thursday, December 21, 2006

God Really Does Provide

So, most of you know that things are tight in our household right now, having the ordination and it being Christmas doesn't help with the money flow either. (all well worth it though!) :) We haven't been to the store since the end of November, before I left for my trip. We were needing to go, but trying to hold out till next pay day.
I get to work today and I am walking back to my bone chilling office and a fellow coworker comes up to me and tells me that she is handing out her gifts to all the employees. I really didn't know what to say. In my head I was like, "Okay good for you." But I think I said something to the effect of, "Oh how nice of you to do that for everyone!" and continued to walk away. She then came into my office and told me that she was unable to bring my gift in and then paused for my response. At this point I thought maybe she didn't have her morning coffee yet and she was just being wired. My response was, "Well, okay, do you need help with it?" Her response was, "Yeah, see I bought you groceries and some toys for Noah and I want to just put them in your car now, so people don't see." Tears began to fill my eyes and all I could do was give her a great big hug and tell her Thank You!! When we walked out to the car I was not expecting anything much, maybe just the staples to get me thru. To my surprise she kept bring out boxes and bags of stuff! She even bought me a turkey and a big package of bacon! She bought me so much that it almost didn't fit in the back of my friends Ford Explorer. (I carpool so I didn't have my own car with me!)Tears kept filling my eyes and all I could say was thank you.
What a wonderful thing she did for my family, what a wonderful heart she has, and best of all, WOW God provided again, thru her!

Have a very blessed Christmas!!

3 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

That is so cool. What a wonderful, wonderful thing!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Gabi said...

God is so good!

9:04 PM  
Blogger JessnBekahsmom said...

How nice! And that she did it discreetly, too. How great to have a person like that to work with! Our God is an awesome God!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home