Thursday, December 07, 2006

Real Working Women

Well, I just got back from my first real business trip! I went to Las Vegas for a HR training thing, 3 days of INTENSE learning. My head hurts and is full of HR laws and procedures that I will most likely never use unless we move out of state. They are implementing a new designation just for us HR people out here in CA because we are so damn different!! Unfortunately, I have to know everything, even if it doesnt apply to my company, in order to take the national exam.
I didnt stay any where special, I didnt go out and I only used a $1 on the slots...and lost. I was, however, able to order room service, eat an entire order of creme bruele and take a 2 hour bath with no one banging on the door, every night. Eventhough that was great, I really missed home. I missed my baby, my hubby, my friends, and gasp, even my work! Its good to be back among normal people and not stuck in a room, with over a hundred people, all asking, "Does your company has a strategic plan for employee retention in place for the new year?"
Lord, I am so glad to be home!!

2 Comments:

Blogger JessnBekahsmom said...

Oh, how I remember that stuff! Only, instead of employee retention, I had to go in right after Christmas and announce to fourteen people that they were being let go. No severance, no nothing. Clean out your desk, oh, and do it quickly, because everybody else needs to have a productive day and they can't spend all day saying goodbye. There are some things about corporate America I am very glad I don't have to see anymore. Yea, they let the receptionists go...but kept the driver and the corporate apartment for the bimbos. Go figure. Stupid bosses.

5:37 AM  
Blogger joannmski said...

I think the best thing about going out of town is that you miss your home. You appreciate your kids & husband and are really happy to see them when you come back.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home